View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 04:03 PM

Hoist / New Tab: possible in combination?

These commands, in combination, are more than welcome, but I have problems with its current implementation. I looked into the help, and it seems that there is currently no other way than to do it this way, having a database "A" with source item "A", and with a subtree "Sub" I then want to work upon in a new tab:

I have one tab (for database "A"), of which the denomination changes with the current item (since I did not "lock title").

I am on item "Sub". If I do "Hoist", the hoisting is done within the current tab, which is not wanted in the use case I have in mind - of course, a simple command "Hoist", for hoisting into the current tab, should be preserved, for other use cases.

So I do "New Tab" instead, in order to hoist "Sub" on a SECOND tab.

This opens a new tab "Sub" (which is not hoisted yet of course) as FIRST tab, while my original tab becomes tab "A" on SECOND position, which is not wanted: I would like to have the "original" tab with the "original database view", and then more tabs, on 2nd, 3rd... position, with "special versions" of that: FROM "general" TO "specific". So in order to rectify the (for me, and logically) "wrong" order, I must move one of the tabs with the mouse.

(Here, I also get a dialog "Unknown File - File Identifier - By FileInfo.com - Search FileInfo.com ... / Use the default Windows service - OK" (I must then manually close this dialog): this is very probably a problem of my system and has nothing to do with UR, but I get this message only in this situation, not also for example when I create new UR databases or in other situations. Any idea about that?)

Then, from the "Sub" item in the newly created "Sub" tab, I do "Hoist", and then only I get the "Sub" subtree hoisted in its own, "secondary" tab.

A "natural way" to do this would be to trigger a command "Hoist in/to new tab", and which would create a second tab (to the right of the current tab) in which the currently selected item / subtree would appear hoisted.

Could you please consider implementing this "combined" command?

(Or did I overlook how it can be done, currently?)