View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leoram
for example, where there's a search facility integrated in the dialog to access any Infoitem no matter how deep it is in the tree in a matter of a fraction of a second, the user proceeds then with the move.
geeez, when I was sarcastically listing what other things could be added to that dialogue, I didn't want to put SEARCH in that list, cause I thought that would be overkill even when as a sarcastic suggestion.

And you mention it in the next reply ;-)

Why oh why put search or any other feature there? Pressing ALT+L would prepare the item to be linked (with activating second explorer pane). I would suggest that mouse pointer would change (or something in status bar) to indicate that item(s) is/are prepared to be linked . Now do whatever you want to do in UR, search, add another items, order child items, go to item notes, bla bla bla, and then ... on whatever item (or collection of them) ... press keyboard shortcut or whatever that would confirm and link it. Or simply locate it in the second explorer pane as you'd do in the dialogue.

That's it, no need for bloated dialogue with hundreds of features.

100 people, 100 tastes ... I know