Thread: copy web pages
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Hello all!

Brand new UR user and this is my first post.

Besides being generally lost regarding UR just yet (I'll get there, though!), I just ran into problems capturing part of a web page and it sounds like this very issue being discussed.

I needed to capture an item on Dell's support/accessory pages, so I highlighted the area - including text and a picture - and clicked on the UR Firefox button in Firefox 3. What I got was a fairly nice copy but without the image. Instead there was the familiar red "X" in its place.

So I opened that same page in IE7 and tried the same thing - same area of the same URL, with image and text, using the IE UR button. The capture looked pretty close to the same thing as Firefox 3 captured, red "X" image placeholder included.

Just to check if this was caused by a problem with where Dell was serving up the image from, I made the same capture in both Evernote 2.2 and OneNote 2007. THe clip looks perfect in both of those applications.

I do have "Download Images" selected in Options>Import (More).

I decided to look at the forum and post a question about it, but I searched first and found this thread.

So even as a "newbie" I can confirm that UR Pro is not quite capturing web page selection very well.

Thanks!

Jim