View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 AM

portable, keyboard shortcuts and navigation

I have been trying UR for a few days and have a few queries:

1. I downloaded the zip file and extracted it to a folder. I believe that this is supposed to run in portable mode but all settings seem to be going into the registry. Shouldn't they be saved into some sort of ini file in the same folder ? I had installed UR more than a year ago but I have uninstalled it since. The plan is to use this from a USB drive.

2. I have been using Info Select for a while now and got used to the keyboard shortcuts hardly ever requiring the mouse. For example to insert a note, press N and press L for a single line of text. Is that possible in UR ? Alternatively, is it possible to reconfigure the default keyboard commands for inserting an item as a sibling or child ? I would prefer Ins to be used for sibling and Shift-Ins for child. I don't see these under Tools->Customize->Keyboard

3. How do I disable the double-click on an item opening up in Word ? Pressing Enter does the same thing and I would like to disable that too and use Enter for moving from the Data Explorer to the RTF editor pane.

4. While moving from item to item in the Data Explorer, the focus stays in DE except when on a search. I have deselected all the three options under Tools->Options->Trees(More)->Selection/Focus and restarted UR but the focus still moves away and I need to click back or press Ctrl-1

5. Is it possible to change the background color of the editor for a particular item or for all items ?