View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanferns View Post
Thanks for the reply. A few more queries:

1. In several places throughout the forum I have noticed that you'll provide registry files for configuration options. Do you have complete list of such options documented somewhere ?
Not currently, but we'll work on it.

Quote:
2. I tried using Shift-Tab in the editor but that doesn't work as it just adds a tab. I would like to map Shift-Tab to go back to the previous pane but that doesn't see to be accepted by the Tools->Customize->Keyboard box.
We'll add to our list making Shift+Tab in the editor go back to the previous pane.

Quote:
3. Also, I would like to assign Ctrl-Shift-<letter> and Ctrl-Shift-Alt-<letter> to some commands but all seem to be assigned. I later found the file UltraRecall.dat which has mapped all the keys to some codes.
<Shortcut Id="34360" Key="Ctrl+Shift+Alt+A"/>
<Shortcut Id="34361" Key="Shift+Alt+B"/>
Is there a description of what these codes are and what function they perform ?
These are reserved for shortcuts for Favorites.

Quote:
4. For the various themes which are supported, where is the configuration stored ? There is an Editor->Themes folder which doesn't seem to correspond these themes.
Are you referring to the Paint theme at Tools | Customize | Options? Those themes are pre-defined and there is no external configuration for them. The Editor\Themes folder is for the syntax coloring editor.

Quote:
5. By default how to search for wildcards rather than typing * each time ?
Currently, the * is required.

Quote:
6. On the Edit menu there is an "Insert" menu item which inserts the parent "default child template" type as a child. Is there a similar command for insertion as a sibling ? (in this case using the parent's "default child template" type)
7. After doing a search, by clicking on the items in the "Search Results" does not jump to the found result. It just shows the document at the beginning and you need to scroll down to find the highlighted text. Pressing F3 works but NOT if the search is a wildcard expression since the find dialog (Edit->Find In Item) doesn't support it. Is there a way to auto-jump to the first highlight when clicking on an item ?
8. And a way around the wildcard expression problem ?
No.

Quote:
9. I tried creating a new menu and dragging the "Text" template from the "Insert Sibling" toolbar onto a new Menu but it disappears after restart.
That isn't supported for dynamic menu items.

Quote:
10. Minor bug - if the Tree->Sibling menu is torn off and then a new template is added, the toolbar does not update itself. Sometimes it does but the buttons and text are not in sync.
You may need to restart UR.

Quote:
11. Minor bug - pressing Alt-Shift-Insert in the Data Explorer brings up the "Insert Sibling" menu. If moving quickly between items and pressing Alt-Shift-Insert the menu comes up as disabled, probably because the item is still loading.

12. Moving from item to item causes several buttons to move from enabled to disabled to enabled depending on what was clicked. Could you do a check if the button on the toolbar is already enabled before disabling and re-enabling it ? This is just a suggestion to minimize the flicker when moving from item to item. It can get quite annoying when using the program for a while.
Run the attached reg file and restart UR to decrease the selection change delay.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reg.zip (275 Bytes, 809 views)