View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mmcgregor
The code shown above IS how natvie WScript provides it; two argument function call. If that code is run from the CScript on the commandline, it works just fine; i.e. the onquit message fires.

However, VBPro x does not allow the second parameter of the WScript call; even though all documentation about that function states that the WScript.CreatObject has an optional second parameter.

Are you removing it or providing a mock WScript base with very limited "common use" functions for compatibility purposes? The "hooks" should work if the code is being run within the native scripting host. I assume that VBPro does not execute those within that, but rather has a fix up layer for some scripting functionality. It seems awfully close, since it does allow nackward event communication via control event hooks previosuly mentioned; i.e. once the /mta is set in v.6.7a. Why would the remaining event architecture be unobtainable or not defined.
VBP does not actually use WScript (exposed only within wscript.exe/cscript.exe). VBP's WScript object is just an alias for the Builder object, which implements its own CreateObject (mapped to CoCreateInstance), Echo (mapped to LogMessage), and Sleep methods so that external scripts can be more easily ported into VBP. VBP uses the underlying ActiveX Script interfaces (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...2w(VS.85).aspx) to implement its scripting capabilities. I don't know if it's possible to implement what WScript does with events for CreateObject/ConnectObject using these interfaces, and if it is, how much work it would be. My guess is it's either not possible or a lot of work. If I'm wrong and there is a straightforward code sample available somewhere that implements this, we'll certainly consider incorporating it into VBP.