View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 PM

Smile UR, EPIM, VM, DB and Syncing

Jon, thanks so much for your feedback! I'm delighted to know you've managed to use UR with the calendar function in EssentialPIM.

In fact, I was recently thinking about looking at EPIM again for exactly this purpose, so now I'm curious: are you also syncing EPIM between computers?

It looks like EPIM provides some good functionality in this regard, and this would be essential for me because I regularly alternate between my PC and a netbook.

As for the app I'm using, last night I really should have said, "I think I've found a way manage in the meantime....". The app with which I'm testing UR integration is VueMinder.

It appears to be a robust, feature-reach, user-friendly application (I suspect the same could be said for EPIM), and what I'll be doing this evening is testing my ability to sync VM between both of my computers using Dropbox. (I regularly run a number of databases from within DB, and it works beautifully.)

However, in light of your feedback, I may also give EPIM another test run, as well. When I looked at it before several years ago, EPIM did not provide the PIM functionality I was looking for -- but combining it with UR might be a winning combination.

In light of this, if you have time, please tell me more about:
-- how you are using the 2 apps together (including your syncing method, if applicable), along with....
-- any hints and tips you'd recommend for someone interested in creating data connections between UR and a calendar app.

With appreciation and interest,
Metta

P.S.
Among other things, VueMinder can sync with BOTH Google Calendar and Outlook.

Last edited by Metta; 10-04-2012 at 09:37 PM.