View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant

you dont have to locate it if you move it to your favorites, you can also assign keyboard shortcut
This is true, and I didn't think about that. That is how browsers used to work - you could add a link to your bookmarks and click on it there. But search bars within the browser have been adopted by all browsers these days, because it is so much easier for the user to type their search term in directly than to go to the book marks/favourites and click on it there. A little lazy, perhaps, but a fact of life. It saves time and clicks.

Apologies for straying into "general discussion" here, but what UR is is a fancy interface built onto a database engine. The people at Kinook are very technically minded - very clearly shown in their help files which tell you how things work but not how to use the product [I appreciate that the potential is pretty far-reaching and therefore difficult to describe easily, but it could be done much better] - and their approach is technical too. That means that most people agree that the learning curve for UR is (too) steep, and you have to have the same sort of technical depth to get the most out of it.

Now, Kinook may not care about this, but most companies wouldn't deliberately exclude a big chunk of their potential market by refusing to make their program easier to use. I'd like to see a lot more short cuts and one-click solutions added to UR so that I can work with it seamlessly rather than having to wrack my brain to think of a solution when faced with each (common) challenge.