View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 05:17 PM

Access count:
To see which parts of the 'tree' I use most / least. Which in turn I use for determining what part(s) of the tree is effectivily set up / which isn't. For instance, a part of the tree created ages ago which I've never ever accessed, might be useful to downgrade to a less accessible place. A part of the tree used alot might be important enough to split up in a number of subbranches.

Real-life example: I had a list of references stored (i.e. computer logins, IP addresses, etcetera). It ended up being 8-9 times as much visited as any other item in the tree. Because of that I split it up in a number of category-specific lists.

Another use is to get an idea which subjects apparently interest you most .

Edit counts
Partly: See above.

The reason I'd like this separately from the access count is that viewing and changing an item indicate a different goal with the data. For instance, using a text item (with a simple list in it) might be useful if I only edit an item once or twice. But if I am going to edit it 200+ times, it might be useful to change it to an Excel sheet and set it up smarter (filter, formatting, etcetera).

Another example: It'd be nice to be able to create a search in which I search for all items that have been editted more than i.e. 100 times. That way I get all items I edit alot (without also getting items I click on to navigate through the tree).