View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 12:49 PM

@$Bill:

I'll have to check again when I am on my notebook, but I am pretty sure that I have those selected on there, but still get the original database opened when UR is started.

@kinook:

Both computers are on my home network, but often times UR may be open on both, even though I am not using both at the same time. E.g., if I am working in my home office on my desktop computer and have to go downstairs for dinner or something, I usually leave the desktop computer on - and UR starts with Windows on that box.

Then once downstairs, if I don't feel up to climbing the stairs again right away (I'm disabled and stairs are a real task at times), I'll stay downstairs for awhile - maybe till bedtime. If I need something online or on my network I'll crack open the notebook. If UR is already open upstairs on my desktop PC using my main database, then I don't know if I can also open that database on my notebook. I do know that I can do that with OneNote 2007 - it has auto-synchromizing capability. Same with Evernote 3 - I can access my Evernote database form several computers at once if I want, since that database is online and allows for multiple simultaneous access.

Doesn't sound like I can do this with Ultra Recall though. I would have to make sure to close the database on one computer before using it on another - or is that not correct?

If it is, then it would be much better if it had sync capability.

@$Bill: I use Super Flexible File Synchronizer for synching files/folders, so I could do it with that, I guess. I just feel that if I am not uber-careful regarding when I copy one to the other, I could easily overwrite data since I don't believe that UR is capable of synching its databases - only overwriting. Again, if I am wrong there, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jim