View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:30 PM

Ok quant. I'll remain wishing that both cohabit in UR. There are many circumstances where a dialog would prove a more convenient option than using a second explorer pane, whereas there are still others probably where a 2nd explorer would be better. That's the way I see it. WebResearch, a competitor, has a very sleek dialog to accomplish the task of moving items, for example, where there's a search facility integrated in the dialog to access any Infoitem no matter how deep it is in the tree in a matter of a fraction of a second, the user proceeds then with the move. In the same dialog, the user can select another databases to perform the moving of the item. You may argue that a second data explorer could integrate these also but there would still be users who prefer the dialog, or both the dialog and the explorer. The combination of both would add to UltraRecall known tremendous flexibility. It's up to Kinook to consider what to do in this direction. I remain supporting the use of both as I see they complement each other for a heterogeneous community of UR users.