View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 08:22 PM

Docking the Main Application Window

The user should have the option of docking the main application window. Since UR is the type of application that would typically be open at all times, I'd much rather have it docked on the right side of the screen than taking up space in my taskbar. When you switch to another application, UR should automatically hide itself and when you mouseover or click on the docked icon then it would pop back on the screen. I realize you can get it out of the taskbar by using the "Minimize to System Tray" option, but then you have to manually minimize it each time which is a pain. PersonalBrain has the best docking implementation I've seen in this type of application. You can download their demo from http://www.thebrain.com . With the way they designed it, the application is instantly available at all times, yet completely non-obtrusive.

Kevin's response:

"We have not previously considered a docking option for the entire application. We will consider this and your other related suggestions. For now, you can set the option to minimize Ultra Recall by clicking ESC, and also showing the Ultra Recall application with the activation hotkey to more easily hide and show Ultra Recall (both options are at Tools | Options | General)."