View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 04:03 PM

I need help... I'm being stupid, I just know it.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to create a new item based on that template that I want, where I want it. What I mean is this:

If I'm anywhere in the hierarchy, and want to create a brand new item based on a Note Template, I must choose the tiny dropdown arrown on the toolbar next to the Insert Button and select the last item. That works. I get that. But I'm a keyboard kind of guy, and would like to hit the Insert key, and have a brand new item created right where I am. But I want that item to be a Note item. Is there anywhere I can configure this default process?

In addition, if I just hit Insert, the new item becomes a Child of the item I'm on. I don't want to create a Child as a default -- I want a peer item. Which brings up the confusing issue -- the button to the right of Insert on the toolbar is Insert Sibling, which sounds like it will do what I want it to do. But that option creates a Folder item! Here's where it gets weird -- if I happen to be in the Imported Items Folder, and hit Insert Sibling, it creates a new Document item! ARGH.

Someone please explain this. I find that based on where I am and what I have highlighted, I can't predict what kind of item will be created and where (as a peer, or as a child).