View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 01:56 PM

I tried to reproduce the issues and ths situation is:
-I ran the test projects you sent (build.bld but I added a failure step) –couple of times it failed like this:

3/11/2010 3:05:44 AM: Building project step 'Run Script'...
hello
3/11/2010 3:05:44 AM: Building project step 'Delete Folder'...
Error in System (VBScript) script code at Line 180, Column 2
3/11/2010 3:05:44 AM: Building failure step 'Send Generic Mail-step failure'...
Error creating custom action 'Send Mail': The media is write protected.
3/11/2010 3:05:45 AM: Build ended (elapsed = 03:25:05).

-I created a text project with extracts from the normal build project –containing mainly the parts where the build failed with “Illegal operation ...” –delete folder,create folder ,SVN export sources to that folder.
Always this project went ok

-I started the normal build –very rare is working fine ,usually it fails with Illegal operation but now i noticed it appeared on some other step also (set macro value):
3/11/2010 3:51:09 AM: Building project step 'SET TIME_END Macro'...
Error creating custom action 'Set Macro': Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion.
And not only here:
3/11/2010 3:16:33 AM: Building project step 'Create build base folder'...
Error creating custom action 'Create Folder': Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion.

Other times the normal build remains frozen at a “Run program ” step where msxl.exe is ran:
3/11/2010 1:23:42 AM: Building project step 'add solution result'...
C:\Program Files (x86)\VisBuildPro7\Tools\msxsl.exe "C:\Reports\BuildsOutput\10.1.2019.0\results.x ml" "C:\Builds\ff\Install\VBP\Processing\AddSolutionRe sult.xslt" -o "C:\Reports\BuildsOutput\10.1.2019.0\addedResults. xml" "buildLabel"="10.1.2019.0" "solutionName"="SystemMonitoringAndManagement/SystemMonitoringAndManagement.sln" "status"="Success" "duration"="438" "output"="\\FF-DEV-BLD01\Reports\BuildsOutput\10.1.2019.0\SystemMonit oringAndManagement_SystemMonitoringAndManagement.s ln.txt"

Or remains frozen at a step of type Make VS.Net :
29/10/2010 4:16:09 AM: Building project step 'Build current project-Mixed Platforms'...
Pre-processing...

I do not know how to make a project to send it to you for reproduction of the issue –I expected the test project with SVN export will fail also because it contains the steps failing in normal build –but it went ok
Anyway –I would not be able to send even this test project because it implies exporting the sources which is not allowed to be given outside of our company

It is interesting though to see these facts:
-before this machine was installed with W2003 Server and from time to time the build used to froze unexpectedly
-then it was installed Win Server 2008 R2 and it appeared from time to time the issue with “Illegal operation “ and also from time to time the frozen issue –but both more often than before when Win2003 server was installed
-sometimes the build went ok –howcome is this possible?Why is not failing constantly?

I do not know what to do more ,problem is we cannot use this machine for build ,right now i am copying the build results from a machine located in other env where i have no issues at all.
But I need to make this machine working on this environment also ,this is just temporary workaround