View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 11:17 PM

I think it would be best if UR dev could make it such that multiple values could be selected from any one Attribute - perhaps they would then appear in the attribute field as a horizontal list, comma or semi-colon separated - but could be searched for within the same Attribute using an AND/OR expression. InfoHandler has this kind of category system and it works EXCEEDINGLY well....

Otherwise, the workaround I once used was to create multiple Attributes merely in order to select multiple values for what was logically the "same" Attribute: e.g. Attributes called; Company 1, Company 2, Company 3 etc... - and each Attribute would have the same choice of values, and in my case, I created them as a picklist, where I had to choose from that list rather than add them on the fly...

For me, the linked info-items approach ended up being totally confusing and I couldn't see the trees for the forest so to speak...

I think if there is to be heavy use of clones/linked items UR should provide an option to create VERY MUCH GREATER visual differentiation in the tree between virtual & 'real' info-items..