View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
[snip] creating new item based on this template creates a small protected file, which you can edit, CTRL+J after submitting password! [snip]

I made a small file for you ... the default password is 'default', and the template for protected item (the item is in fact the whole new urd file) is 'protected'[/snip]
Several hours later: OK, now I understand what you are saying here...... I think.

Thick skin as well as thick head here so please correct me if I'm wrong:

What happens is that every time I create an item based on this template I open a new file by CTRL+J & password. Once in this mini-file I add an item. When I finish & return to my master file, the little file is saved with the private item.

So, in essence, what this trick does is to allow me to open a password protected file. And yes I understand that just because I'm working from a template, it's sort of automated.

But I could just as easily have a second password file, switch to whenever I wanted to add a private item & switch back to my master file. Closing that second file would encrypt the data as well.

I think -- as clever as this might be -- I don't get the convenience of this approach. That's what I'm trying to understand.