View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 03:39 AM

Thank's for the reply!
I have read your roadmap and I práy that you will have a good workflow to accomplish it.

Is there a chance you can foretell when linking will be implemented?

Since linking a database is a work that cannot be transferred from one program to another and it is an ongoing process, if I switch to Ultra Recall now, I will have to wait for ?a year? to start linking all over again.

Secondly I need to know more precisely about the custom template feature before I switch:

1. Will it be possible to mix temlate (attribute) fields with rtf content in one item? I would need to put fields on top of each rtf document, either just in the first lines of the document or in a header, with information fields like title, date, meeting participants .... For some people that will be accessing the db's it will be too complicated to look into the attrbute pane for that information.

2. If I start putting fielded information into the attributes pane of rtf items that I start creating now before the costom temlate feature is implemented, will the information in the attributes pane be automatically inserted in my future custom templates?

Thanks for the suggestions to bring content to the pocket pc. I hadn't considered the export as files option yet. That together with a file search utility for the pocket pc makes quite a good solution, although pictures dont work.
Even better would be a export to chm feature in UR. That could bring treeview, indexed search, pictures and possibly also links preserved to the pocket pc. Is chm export in the scope of doable improvements?
(For the time being I will try to export to rtf - import in treepad - export to html from treepad - create chm in visual chm)

Regards
Clemens