View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 02:23 PM

Logging Correspondence in UR

Hi,

I'm on the first day of my trial of UR.

I am coming from a Time&Chaos background and have been looking for something a bit more powerful and flexible. UR looks very good so far.

I have one major requirement: To log correspondence.

Are there any tried and tested, established methods of doing this within UR?

I need to be able to link a correspondence chain both with a particular contact and within an organisation. Each piece should be logged with date as well as type (email,phone) and notes.

The correspondence should show in chronological order. There should be a way to summarise all individual correspondence objects into a single view text output summary.

If I have multiple contacts within that organisation there should be a view available that shows all correspondents with all contacts in that organisation interleaved in chronological order.

Lastly - each correspondence log should have a 'follow-up' facility to link in with the calander / to-do list (I guess this would be just a child logical link into that calendar/list)

Has someone developed a way to achieve the above which they wouldn't mind sharing with me? If this can be done it would fill a large gap in my requirements that T&C currently doesn't (currently storing all correspondence in a pure text file that just logs each entry on a new line).

Many thanks!
Daniel