View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grahamrhind
This is true, and I didn't think about that. That is how browsers used to work - you could add a link to your bookmarks and click on it there. But search bars within the browser have been adopted by all browsers these days, because it is so much easier for the user to type their search term in directly than to go to the book marks/favourites and click on it there. A little lazy, perhaps, but a fact of life. It saves time and clicks.
hehe, you caught me, I removed that search bar from all my three browsers, mainly because of taking too much space ;-) One has to click into the search area, which is the same as clicking on shortcut button, cause you can then type directly, so no click saved Moreover, the address bars are intelligent now, so when you type directly there, it will recognize and search that in your favorite search engine (at least Firefox does that)

Quote:
Originally posted by grahamrhind
Now, Kinook may not care about this, but most companies wouldn't deliberately exclude a big chunk of their potential market by refusing to make their program easier to use. I'd like to see a lot more short cuts and one-click solutions added to UR so that I can work with it seamlessly rather than having to wrack my brain to think of a solution when faced with each (common) challenge.
I agree! It's maybe because I very much enjoy the process of "wracking my brain" that I first think of all the various combinations before considering the most straightforward one, haha