View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 05:41 AM

I gave up using Ask Sam to use Ultra Recall because UR had features in that I could use that Ask Sam did not, also that the authors of UR do listen to what is said on the forums.

Ask sam was as steady as a rock and on the whole Ultra Recall is but like others have, I do get error messages of one sort or another which is a shame.

Like others often I do not know what caused them and so far I have not lost any data, I have even had the program locked so I have to kill the program to restart it.

I also would like the option of UR generate a report to send to Kinook whenever the program has a problem.

Whether the problems are caused by the interaction of other running programs I do not know.

I have had other programs that have done this and either solved the problem myself, stopped using them or the offending software the company solved the problems for me. I use a lot of programs but these do not get the errors like UR does.

Ultra Recall is a fantastic program, I like it and use it allmost every single day, I believe striving for reliability and ease of use (however complicated a program is) should be of the highest priority, above the introduction of any new features.

Would I recommend Ultra Recall to others? YES, but with hesitations because of the intermittent error problem.

An auto generated error report send to Kinook maybe could help solve some of these problems.