Thread: Gmail
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 08:07 AM

Quant

I agree with you that it is GMail and images that matter most.

The other things matter far less.

I use InfoSelect for scratchings probably more out of familiarity. For example, if I paste a note into InfoSelect, the first line of the note automatically forms the default title in the left hand pane, whereas I have to type in a title in UR which is a considerable overhead when pasting large numbers of notes. But apart from that, there is no compelling reason to use InfoSelect, and by degrees I will move data out into UR.

ListPro for ToDo lists. I have titles of lists in the left pane, and the lists, one liners Excel style, with priority, dates, etc, on the right. ListPro does that job very well. But in fact, popping it up over UR is not much of an issue and perhaps ToDo lists are the one form of data I am happy to keep separate from UR.

Personal Information Keeper from High Criteria is an excellent little utility for inputting passwords and phrases. Its strength is that words can be dragged to a field anywhere, so for things like online banking, or inserting complicated foreign words or phrases, it is excellent. In a sense, it is not really a database at all, so perhaps mentioning it is a red herring. But I suppose that if UR had a little extra window utility that could do what this software does, it would be a nice piece of candy.

So yes, it is Gmail and the images that really matter and I agree completely with you on that.

Continued at http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3013