View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 11:33 AM

Those are good points. And in some cases, those other programs are a little easier to brainstorm in, in terms of visualizing relationships.

I think my problem stems from the fact that I like to think and plan very hierarchically, but then it is too complex to work in that mode minute-to-minute, so what I do is schedule all my tasks onto my calendar (in Outlook). Perhaps with Outlook integration in UR it will be easier to get from the scheduled tasks in Outlook back to the the task in the Data Explorer tree, in the context of the project and all other linked items related to the task and project.

In the meantime, I have started putting all active tasks (ie, not completed) related to a project in a Project Tasks folder linked to that project (rather than linking them directly to the project), and then linking each of those Project Tasks folders to high level All Tasks item, so I can access just the active tasks without traversing my hierarchy and without the clutter of other linked items and completed tasks. I don't really like having to manually maintain 2 hierarchies, it would be nice if that could be automated, but it helps for now and it is cool that you can do that with UR.