View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 AM

Going back to the original mindmapping question on this thread:

I do think that a more visual representation of the data explorer would be a brilliant idea. I've always thought, and others have agreed in this forum, that a front end that looks like Mindmanager but a backend of UR would be truly powerful.

To be more concrete, here's what a better visualization of items would allow. It would allow me to drag and drop items much more easily into the proper locations. I know right now that by pressing shift during the drag and drop, in certain cases, I can locate info items above or below a specific info item. But that doesn't work consistently for me. Often, I get no "arrow" option and the drop just wants to move or link. Also, visually, it's very difficult to see where things are going to be located, etc. Contrast this with any of the mindmapping programs.

Another suggestion on this forum was to have dual explorer panes, so we can drag and drop more easily than the current slightly clumsy "move/link" dialogue. If it were easier to quickly navigate a mindmap like visualization, this would be less necessary.

Finally, internal wiki like links could be visually noted on the info item (either simply with a little icon or color, to say, hey, there's something here) or even better (and more complex), actually arrows that connect the two items.

Just thinking out loud here.