View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 06:22 PM

Favorites toolbar with text instead of icons

I would like to have the option for the favorites toolbar to display text (the name of each favorite item or, even better, any text I like) instead of (or next to) the item icon.

When I work with UR I want at any time to overlook all the projects I am working on. This could be done with the favorites toolbar and a favorite for each project. The only problem (especially with many projects) is that one has to guess or remember which icon stands for which project because one cannot see the names of the projects.

What I mean can be illustrated with the attached screenshot of The Journal. In The Journal you can create a "category" for each project which is then displayed as a (always visible) tab. Each category has its own tree (on the left pane). Categories can even have subcategories with their own trees and thus be nested. As far as I know this is unique to The Journal and allows for an unprecedented level of organization of large files with many projects. With hoisting and the favorites toolbar displaying text instead of items one could in UR achieve the same effect as with The Journal: One always sees all one's projects on the favorites toolbar and clicking on a project would (via hoisting) display only the tree of the chosen project.
Attached Images