View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Seems like a UR problem to me.

I tried a couple combinations of what you suggested and ended up with .eml in Tools | Options | Documents | File extensions to display in MIME viewer box, and nowhere else. My existing emails which had been earlier imported from Postbox displayed fine, internally, in the MIME viewer.

Then I imported another email from Postbox. With no change in settings, it would only/always display by popping up a Postbox editing window.

I exited and restarted UR, thinking that might affect how settings were applied globally, but the result was the same: old emails were displayed in the MIME viewer but the new one displayed in the popup window.

I then tried different combo's of settings, including adding .eml back to Tools | Options | Documents | File extensions to edit/view externally ...which produced the expected result, with a link to click to open the emails.

After this I went back to the MIME viewer only setting. Things were the same as before, with only that one email popping up an external Postbox window.

I then imported another email from Postbox...and it displays properly in the MIME viewer!! So I imported another, and it likewise displays in the MIME viewer.

Next I did a Compact and Repair of the database, but it didn't change anything.

Then I deleted the offending email from UR, went to PostBox and clicked the UR icon to capture it again. And guess what: that particular email still displays by popping up a Postbox window!!

I don't care about that one email, but I wonder if this will be a frequent problem.

By the way, the .URD file is about 1 MB --small enough that I could email it to you if you wanted to have a look.