View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by srdiamond
I doubt anyone here is interested in this soap opera of your invention. Whenever ADM is criticized publicly, some member of their inner advisory council gets up and tries to personalize the discussion. That and the abominable practice of making plugs for a rival product without disclosing your official commitment to ADM is what makes me angry. It is typical of ADM sleaze.

ADM is not a real product. You can't buy it, because it doesn't exist except except as something that is really no more than a prototype. If you get hold of the prototype of ADM 4, be sure to back up your data. ADM "4" doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as UR.
Stephen I have invented nothing.

I have nothing against criticizing ADM publicly. I have criticisms I can make, and have made.

If by official commitment to ADM you mean the fact that I am a member of the ADM Development Yahoo Group, which makes me a "trusted tester," a group to which you once also belonged, so be it. But that is not an official commitment to ADM -- I have no financial, personal or any other kind of vested interest in ADM.

What you call "no more than a prototype" is a well developed beta with features that work. If you want to make the criticism that the features should be broken up among several upgrades leading to a new version, ie. working up from 3.0 to 4.0, I would join you in making that criticism. In other words, the developer is guilty of trying to do too much between releases, and so opens himself to cheap shots of being in "perpetual beta."

As someone who uses UR and ADM 4 everyday, I can tell you that it is in the same league as UR. When it comes to columns, no one does it as well as ADM does it. When it comes to ease of saving from the web, no one does it as well as UltraRecall. Both are good programs.

Daly