View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 05:24 AM

Re: Dashboard view

Quote:
Originally posted by lazlo24
As a dashboard is something that is extremely personal to the user I do not believe anything constructed within UR would allow the level of flexibility to customize whilst HTML would.
surely, but I can't think of any practical advantage of doing it in HTML. Maybe one, that one could query from more than one db. OK, two, UR doesn't do any arithmetic (I hope it will sooner or later)

The disadvantage of doing it in HTML are clear, a lot of work, coding, ... a small change in db and code would have to be changed, etc.

You could play with fonts, tables, bla, bla, but at the end you wouldn't get more than what you could get in UR as well (provided that populating feature would work as I suggested, or in a similar way). I worked in a company where the whole backoffice was done in this way, all the tables, results, links, ... it was nice cause a lot of people could work on it at once. But, hell, it was a lot of (very error-prone) coding. If UR was able to handle multiple users, no way I'd waste time playing with html tables and aligning text, and changing fonts ...

So my question is, what would be the strong arguments for doing it in HTML? Cause at the end, UR is the frontend to sql database, and a very good one ;-)