View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 04:03 PM

Taking these ideas to culmination...

You made the right choice, imo; opening items in new tabs was the single most important feature to add. I wonder how many users know about it? The straightforward way to open an item in a new tab is to right-click and choose "Open in new tab." Most multi-tab applications other than browsers have the new tab as the default. I don't know which way is better, but in UR the feature may go unnoticed. My first guess as to how to get new tabs (besides choosing from the Tab menu, which duplicates the active tab) was to ctrl-click on the new tab. Since multiple tabs were selected, I thought multiple tabs would be opened. If feasible, I think that should be available too. Then you could quickly open numerous tabs; Shift-click to open a contiguous line of InfoItems, etc.

There had been discussion of how to streamline moving infoitems in the hierarchy. When I saw the new Favorites toolbar, I thought you might have come to the same conclusion I recently arrived at--that drag and drop is far more convenience when you are dragging to a large target in immediate view. From my self-observation, it takes a lot more concentration to drag and drop directly in a hierarchy than I would have thought plausible.

When I saw the toolbar, I thought this was what you had decided too. Now we could drag and drop to the toolbar, if the target happened to reside there. It still seems like it would be a good feature.

Last edited by srdiamond; 05-24-2006 at 04:36 PM.