View Single Post
Old 12-23-2023, 06:10 AM

Fantastic! Thank you so much!

This is a wise solution, since the user, in this situation, considers the SR as a "to do list" to be worked on, so that any "disappearance" from the SR equals "done", the "done with" elements in the SR, having disappeared, not even being a "visual nuisance" anymore, and, as said, the user doesn't expect more complete "update" of the SR than that; they will simply do that whenever they feel an "update" (= new search) will be useful.

Obviously, this perfect (sic!) solution arises the question of how you could possibly amend the target list ("Tree - Link/Move To") since currently, this list seems a little bit "aleatoric" in its "collapse-expand" state, but experience with that list (I have just used it for linking, never for moving or copying) will show in what way the current tree representation in this target list could be "bettered" (if needed).

I'm so glad about this that I'll share my "tree system" soon (in which linking with that pane functions perfectly already, albeit me navigating in that target pane "blindly", so I have high hopes that for "distribution" (= moving new elements) it will also be very functional already, even in its current, visually a little bit "chaotic", state!).

EDIT after some hours:

First of all, please have some wonderful holiday around Christmas and the New Year, and consider anything I might write here before 2024 as "to be considered then, certainly not now"!
(The preservation of the Data Explorer tree, while the item, moved from the TT, simply disappears, is simply wonderful!)

Last edited by Spliff; 12-23-2023 at 04:13 PM.