View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the complete reply. I've thought of possibly a nice simple solution -

Could there just be a switch/button (with a hotkey) that toggles display of completed items?

If they are shown they are shown greyed out as current. if hidden they just disappear from the data explorer pane.

this means the data backend is untouched and no massive amount of work is required. all the change is in the UI with a simple (if item.completed and display_completed=FALSE then do not show item).

then there is no unexpected/automatic movement of items.

To avoid the possibility of 'losing' items when you forget you have them hidden I would suggest that in any 'folder' a sibling called "Completed (x)" is displayed showing the number of hidden/completed items. If you cannot find something you will still notice the presence of this item that will tell you that you have the completed items hidden.

I really want to get comleted items out of hte way. Some projects have dozens of steps and once one is completed you dont need to see it. however you cannot delete it since you might need to reference it later.