View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Any chance we could get the program to highlight in the viewer occurrences of the search term? Something along the lines of what Infoselect does.
We considered it, but here are some of the difficulties:

1) There are several different detail pane viewers, and supporting automatic navigation and hilighting for each one would be quite a bit of effort.
2) The search match might not even be in the detail pane for an item, since matching is also done on item attribute values.
3) Except for the simplest single-word search, the match might be in multiple places across the item, making highlighting even more complicated. And for many advanced searches, there might not be anything that can specifically be hilighted (for instance, searching on an item being of a certain template, etc.).

But we will consider a limited form of highlighting for quick searches on web page items and perhaps rich text items.

Quote:
I just found "open shortcut" although on my keyboard it does not work. Selecting it from the right click menu does do the right thing. Wish I could tell UR to use it's own browser doing an "
open shortcut"
I believe this was answered in http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=778

Quote:
it would also be nice if the search results weren't "hidden" after I double-click on one of them. The search results pane turns into the "Child Items" pane. It would be nice, for example, if these were separate panes so that I could dock the serach results elsewhere and refer to them until I don't need them anymore.
One feature we have on the list, which I believe will address your request, is supporting multiple tabs for different items, so you could open a search result item in another tab and switch back and forth between the search item+results and result item(s) and their details (since all panes would reflect the item for the active tab). For now, you can use the forward/back functionality to return to the search after navigating to a search result item.

Quote:
It would also be nice if performing a search would activate the "Find Next" feature so that pressing F3 would jump to the newly searched for term/phrase...Couldn't the keyboard shortcuts and menu items for these just *work* regardless if that window has the focus or not?
These are great suggestions; we'll add them to the list.