View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
But we will consider a limited form of highlighting for quick searches on web page items and perhaps rich text items.
But why limit it to just those item types? That just seems, um well, limiting :-) It does seem like a fairly complex issue, and limiting the "form" of highlighting as you say would be fine, but why not have that limited form of highlighting available across all item types?

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
One feature we have on the list, which I believe will address your request, is supporting multiple tabs for different items, so you could open a search result item in another tab and switch back and forth between the search item+results and result item(s) and their details (since all panes would reflect the item for the active tab). For now, you can use the forward/back functionality to return to the search after navigating to a search result item.
Well, sort of but not really, unless I've misunderstood your suggestion. The idea would be to have the search results visible at all times until I'm done with them, ie in their own pane perhaps. The concept of switching back and forth, whether by a separate tab or not, is just not quite the same. It still interrupts with flow. That said, I'm really looking forward to the multiple tab feature for info items!