View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 06:05 AM

Oh! Just tried, and you are right again, so NEITHER the UR-specific signature NOR the UR-specific suffic (.urd) are needed anymore, in order to open - or save - UR db files in/with UR: absolutely perfect!!!

Thus, I can now rename all my UR files (with the signatures already changed to the generic format) to "something.db" (they are all within the same folder, so there is no risk), and switch them between UR and any sqlite front-end: what a relief!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this very valuable info, Kyle!

(
As for the related sqlite.exe problems, I am aware that you are not the "right address" for my "complaints"; I'll ask the developers what they think about it, and will do some tries with their .dll

(see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ute-a-dll-file ) with RUNDLL32.EXE <dllname>,<entrypoint> <optional arguments> - thus, using, from within UR, their (hopefully faultless) .dll instead seems to be feasible (if not obvious and easy; they will probably have further information about their .dll use).

And even with their .dll GUI, it seems to be possible to have a UR db open in UR, (re-) open it in the .dll GUI (or another sqlite front-end) (and refresh it in there), do some change in there, then do the necessary refresh in UR, i.e. to avoid closing the db in UR, open it in some front-end, closing it over there, reopen it in UR - which the sqlite.exe (but which seems to come with real "problems"), called from within UR, is deemed to to.
)