View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:21 PM

Clipboard weirdness with bitmaps

I just started evaluating Ultra Recall and I like it a lot. I've been disecting the entire gamut of content organizers and can't seem to find one that does everything I want, but Ultra Recall comes real close. Nice product.

One thing I'm missing is bitmap clip capture. So I installed Snagit 8 and tried a few region captures to the clipboard in Firefox followed by a paste as new item in UR. No deal. The option to paste a new object is grayed out. However, if I put the focus in the UR Item Details pane I can paste the bitmap there. Huh? Why does UR not recognize the bitmap clipboard contents for a new object?

If I save the capture to a file in Snagit rather than the clipboard, I can then import the file as a UR item just fine. But this is a royal pain in the butt.

BTW. To do the clip capture, I created a new XML entry for Launchy in Firefox that does an /importclip command. This works for HTML selections on the clipboard as well. You just have to do the extra Copy Ctrl-C step before the Launchy step :-(

Here's the XML.

<application>
<label>Ultra Recall (Clip)</label>
<type>1</type>
<command>%ProgramFiles%\UltraRecall\UltraRecall.ex e</command>
<arguments>/importclip</arguments>
</application>

Maynard