View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Re: Editing of stored/pasted web contents

Quote:
Originally posted by Viggo
To avoid all the ads and cosmetics of webpages, I often just select the text/article bits I want, and copy (Ctrl-C). I then select a UR topic as parent and use Ctrl-V to paste as a child topic in UR. Alternatively (and better for maintaining the url linking) I select what I want and press the UR store button in the browser. However, for the latter method one must make sure the correct database and topic already is selected in UR, or the stuff ends up in places not intended <g>. (I miss an option to see and eventually change the UR selection before this operation is executed)
If you uncheck 'Tools | Options | Import | Insert Imported Items at bold item in Data Explorer pane', items will be imported via the global shortcut will go to the Imported Items item, for later organizing in the desired location(s) (via cut/paste, drag/drop, the Link/Move/Copy dialog, etc.).

Quote:
Please consider an option to edit the new record. Such editing would be great, both to reformat text, and to insert information, for example the web URL and comments (at the top) of the stuff just pasted in. If using the HTML editor engine in windows this feature would become possible. OR - is there already a way to achiece this?
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=1111

Quote:
NB: I have noticed that when using Ctrl-V to paste the clipboard the URL linkage is not maintained, but when using the UR button in the browser, the url is kept, and one can later open the linked web page.
The URL should be captured by UR via either method (at least when copying selection from IE6+ or FireFox 1.5+, since those browsers do include the URL in the copied data). Can you indicate which browser+version you're using, the info from Help | About | Install Info, and the specific steps (including URL) to reproduce this behavior? Thanks.