View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 PM

Re: Office Integration - Do you want to save?

Quote:
Originally posted by Quantum7
I've put in over a dozen excel sheets in UR with lists I want to keep track of. Works pretty nice, although a bit slow.

One thing I continually seem to be getting when internally editting the sheets in UltraRecall is a "Do you want to save your changes" dialog (after i.e. adding a single item to one of my lists).
Yes, after editing you must use the host appilcation Save function before switching focus off the Detail Pane that contains the document you are editing.

This is a bit of pain, and I've tried to train myself to Save within the host app but still I forget and end up having to answer the resulting dialog.

Since UR is working with a temporary copy of the document you are editing, when you move focus off this document I guess UR has to do something with the temporary copy - prompting for a Save before closing seems prudent.

But at the same time - from a user perspective - just because you move focus off the Detail Pane doesn't necessarily mean that you are finished editing a particular document - but moving focus is forcing UR to close the temporary copy.

I don't know what can be done to change this.