View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 09:49 AM

Question Switching from Info Select / OneNote to UR but need Mac support!

I've always been interested in info manager software, and continue to look at new software, updates to old ones, and ran across UR. A number of things intrigued me, and it seems that it is a better take on Info Select (they've gotten too focused on the email capabilities on that tool and don't release updates often enough for the $$).

However, I couldn't get away from its transporter tool -- until now. UR's capture is excellent, and having it configured to place new items in one place is the one thing I've begged Info Select to do for a long time.

Here's the catch -- I'm a Treo 650 user, and want my data with me. I saw the thread on the export option to Listpro, but it's an export, not a sync, and I want my latest data to come with me. One of the reasons I'm really pursuing changing is that I'm heavily considering going to a Mac.

If one of the developers responds and says it's on the roadmap, I'll jump in with both feet right now, as my Mac purchase won't happen until later this year. I tried OneNote in parallel for a while now, and while its GUI kicks the tar out of Info Select, it's limited nesting just kills me, and there are NO plans for them to make a Mac version.

Any info? Thoughts? Thanks!