View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 AM

Problem with the attribute type 'info item'

Thanks Kinook.

I have now resolved the issue which has arisen because of my misunderstanding of the attribute type 'info item'

I had thought that using the linkage provide by the attribute type 'info item' was the same as the linkage provided by the logical linking facility. I now realise this is not the case.

The Help file says
'Attributes based on the Info Item Attribute Type link that attribute to another Info Item in the database, providing another way to define the relationship of one item to another'

I am now aware that using the info item attribute type does not place the name of the info item document into a selected folder or anywhere else, nor is it intended to do. Using the link/move menu does place the name of the document in the selected folder and this what I was expecting and wanting the attribute to accomplish,

The context is that after importing documents I am opening them up, allocating attributes to them and linking them to one of a number of possible folders (with the file name being visible in the linked folder). For ease of working I have been wanting to do this all from the info item panel.

Thanks again,

Best wishes, John M.