Thread: Tab Titles
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tab Titles

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
[B]Not necessarily. As posted you can open each item in a new tab via keyboard shortcut <CTRL>+ENTER or via context menu "Open in New Tab"
Jan, of course I realize that items can be opened in new tabs! The point is, I don't want to end up with a million tabs on my screen. I want to have my To Do list in one tab, and be able to flip around to different items on the list without the tab title changing.

Quote:
Obviously there is no right & wrong here. And I am not trying to convince you to choose to URp over TB. All I am saying is:

(1) I don't think you are using URp to it's fullest potential
(2) Which program to use ultimately should be based on your usage. Unlike the OJ Simpson trial, one glove does not fit all. :-)
You don't need to convince me to use UR, since I've been using it for years. In fact, I was one of the original beta testers for UR and I purchased a license for version 1.0 the very first day it came on the market. I also own a PB license and have used that application for years as well. Despite your apples/oranges analogy, the two applications are in fact extremely similar, with the main difference being in the user interface design. UR definitely has more features than PB, but I find PB's user interface to be more intuitive.

Quote:
There are some very, very expereinced URp users on this forum. Usually they have senior next to their names. These people are URp smarter than I am & hopefully if you post specific questions... like how do I....? they will jump in here & demonstrate some of URp's more interesting capabilities.
Thank you Jan, but as I mentioned, I've used UR on a daily basis for years and I know pretty much everything there is to know about it. When I post a feature suggestion, it's not because I don't understand how to do something, it's because I'm trying to make suggestions to the developer for ways to improve the product.

I feel that PB is UR's main competitor in this space and it's the only other application I would consider using for information management. As I mentioned, I prefer UR for its feature set, but I think the developers of PB have done a better job of thinking about how users actually interact with the application and designing the application to accommodate the user, rather than the other way around.