Thread: Tab Titles
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Tab Titles

The starting point is that the thing you want is not possible at the moment, that's why you suggested it, ... so as with any other thing, there is some workaround in UR as a temporary solution

Quote:
Originally posted by bkonia
As soon as I click on one of the items in the list, the tab title changes to that item. Now the phone rings and it's someone asking me about some other project. I open a new tab and navigate to the information I need for that person. By the time I finish with the call, I forgot what I was originally working on, so I want to go back to my To Do list, but I can't find it because the tab title is no longer "To Do". Rather than clicking around on all my open tabs to try to find the list, I click on the favorite icon again. This opens my To Do list, but now I have two copies of the list open in two different tabs. I've tried this approach before and found that after a few hours, I would often have three or four different tabs all open for the same item. It turns into a big mess.
I personally, don't have favourites opening new tab, cause it creates mess, as you also point ...
when you have a phone call, you could just carry on using the same tab, (for example choose root first, this will help latter as a "terminator") , once finished - use back button list, the item in the very bottom is the "project name" you started the tab with, so you can either choose that, or use the last item you used in the project before you answered the call, (say the one below root, if you used this strategy).
using the back button list you always know what project the tab relates to, so maybe if Kinook sees this as a good suggestion, this could be used as a prefix to the tab name for example if you open it with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, instead of CTRL+ENTER.

again, this is just a suggestion ... as I'm sure you know, UR is very versatile, and that's why it cannot be at the same time specialized at something particular ... that's my point of view