Thread: tag cloud
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 12:22 PM

Wow - fairly old thread, but since TMF brought it back to the present with a post, I though I would chime in too.

I like the idea of a tag cloud. Not a vital feature, to be certain, but certainly a nice feature to add that actually would not take any serious amount of time and should not have any effect on speed at all. (At least having adding a similar scripts to do this in another application, there was no measurable change in speed at all).

Another way to look at it is like the intersection search capability in Evernote, at least Evernote 2.2; they have stripped any serious search functions from the new version 3). Clicking on two Evernote categories in succession gives you an extremely fast primary search of your notes database with a secondary search of a category within the first's results. And being recursive, you can click additional categories to further stratify the data.

I did notice that some users mentioned earlier in this thread that there are ways to create keyword analyses that do even more than the relatively simple division that a tag cloud would do. It would be valuable - at least to me - if someone could expound on that a bit. I am somewhat illiterate in that area as of yet but would love to read and learn!

Thanks!

Jim