View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 AM

Re: Postpone Filtered Tree

Quote:
Originally posted by zargron
Well Kinook, back on the 5th of July in thread http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=2744 you commented that there doesn't seem to be much interest in the filtered tree request. Well, I totally agree. There have been no responses regarding the content or format of my previous post. I suggest you put the filtered tree request at the back of the UR Development Roadmap.
Zargon, you put a lot of thought into your request.

The fact that no one has responded does not necessarily mean that there is no interest. I can tell you that I would be interested but not if it slows URp. I think I mentioned that.

The other thing to consider is that what you outlined might be above many of our heads.

For example, I understand hoisting & the concept of filtering the tree but I'm not sure how that is beneficial over just getting search results.

OTOH, I think I meekly suggested a grep-type search just for the tree that might provide some simple tree filtering & had no response either. So what?

Did that make it a stupid, useless ignorant suggestion? Maybe.

In any case, I'm glad you gave me something more to think about. Maybe it will be implemented some day.