View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 04:37 AM

To straighten this up:

1) I maintain my request for both db name (file name) AND item title in the caption, since the complete (i.e. incl. the lineage) solution "by command (shortcut) to clipboard" solution suggested will take, since there would be writing to the clipboard, then reading from clipboard by the external (macro) tool, at least half a second, perhaps even almost a second.

For scriptlets like the above-described one, this is acceptable (waiting for and reading the info 0.8s, then triggering the respective folder display in the (already open) file manager 0.2s, total 1s: that's okay), but not also for macros needing immediate reaction, e.g. the same key assignments triggering different reactions, according to different UR DBs: here, the identification of the current UR db must be almost immediate (i.e. some 0.2s), and reading the data from the caption will provide this.

2) So we would need TWO new functionalities, a better caption (by option), AND filename plus lineage by clipboard, for cases when the lineage information is needed, too (and some "reaction time" thus will have to be accepted).

PLEASE TELL US IF WE CAN EXPECT these amendments (and also #2) quite short-term (some months; or then, at all?).

Since if not, no need for me to wait for that functionality, and I'd implement another script solution in order to gather the necessary full-path info, and which also takes just less than 1s, avoiding the above-described visual fuss in the tree on screen, but which can not be shared by me since it relies upon some "internals" - I have already used similar codes for other, non-UR-related scripting, so I would start that work (which relies upon additional metadata within UR which would then be - but quickly and "behind the scenes" retrieved - and which would have to be maintained, of course, which with solution #2 is not necessary), in case you could not confirm that we will see request #2 being implemented soon.

Thank you!