View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 08:51 AM

Thank you very much for your video, kinook.

It helped me in seeing that by
"(Control-4)" in "and paste it into the URL attribute (Ctrl+4) of the new document item."
you meant not the URL attribute itself but the attributes pane.
My fault: I had changed keys so control-4 did not show the attributes pane anymore, and since you did not speak of it, I did not capture that URL attribute was not in "Item Details Pane" (which is "text pane" for me) but here in this special pane. So first problem resolved.

Then, I did as stated, pasting the "target item" (in fact that pasted the target-item-title only) into the URL value field of the linking item.
Then, double mouse click on the linking-item title in the tree (or control-j or by menu Item Open Document) just gave the message "File not Found."

So I tried to arrange manually, after copying into URL field, the item in db 2 being named "Taget Item (is in file 2)" (without the inverted commas), I changed URL attribute in the linking item (in db 1) to:
ur://C:\1.urd/"Target item is in 1"
No way, and independently if I use slashes or backslashes. So I renamed the target, to put only this:

ur://C:\1.urd\Target

And again, independent of slashes or backslashes, I got

"Error opening database (...) File doesn't exist."

So the problem lies in the fact that my pasting the "target" does not paste but the target's name, into this URL attribute, which is "Target" (without the inverted commas"), where in fact Ultra Recall seems to need a path, but I do not know how to copy and then paste (or construct manually) this path.

Your video does not show how you managed to put the whole path into the URL attribute since first it is cut to the right frame, and second, since my pasting does not give but the title only, where your pasting gives some path (even if I do not know in which form), so again I am stuck.

I must have something to do with the command line form in Options-Miscellaneous:
ur://%DB_URL%?item=%ITEM_PATH%

So I changed the URL attribute to and some other combinations:

ur://c:/1.urd%?item=%Target%

And again I get the above message.

So since your video does not show the most important part, the whole URL attribute, I do not know how to format the URL attribute (My first thought was that those % were not to be placed in it but in the video I see the first of them, so they seem to belong there.).

But where could be the reason why Ultra Recall does not copy / paste but the title, not the path, so that I must put it in manually in the first place?

I did never encounter any program as complicated as Ultra Recall, even for things that should be so simple, but I know its logical linking is spectacular, so if I gave up, I would lose this, but it is really difficult to have to ask for help for almost everything!

Last edited by schferk; 11-18-2010 at 08:59 AM.