Thread: Named flags
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 05:17 PM

Re: named flags

Ian, your suggestion about being able to name the flags makes a lot of sense, as does the suggestion of having a palette. In fact, it would be good if, in addition to the flags, there was a selection of other icons that could be named. Each named flag or other icon then becomes the basis for a predefined search -- how cool and time saving that woulld be!

Daly

Quote:
Originally posted by igoldsmid
it just occurred to me that it would be better (for me, maybe others?) - to be able to assign custom names to the colored flags - as otherwise I have to remember what each color stands for - and my memory doesn't work well in that regards. So it would be great to see, when you click on the little dot to the left of any Item that brings up to the flag pick list - that instead of seeing; green flag, red flag etc - that they are able to be assigned instead with personally meaningful custom descriptors.

And then if that were possible, it might then make sense to be able to create, and assign colors from a palette, an arbitrary number of new flags each with meaningful custom names...

Thanks, IJG