View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vogelap
There is a convertor from 2.2.x databases to 3.x databases (you must run the 2.2.x exported database through 3.1 (apparently, the 2.2.x import functionality has been removed in post-3.1 versions of Evernote (stupid decision, imo)).
Yeah, that's the dropping of support for 2.2 by Evernote I was talking about earlier.

Quote:
For Ultra Recall Pro, the ideal solution would be if Kinook supported BOTH EverNote 2.2.x and Evernote 3.x imports. (I recognize that 2.2.x users are a minority, but I don't see that the export formats are drastically different, so it might not be much additional work to implement both imports.)

If Kinook decided to support only the import of 3.x databases, that would be acceptable since I can go 2.2.x->3.1->URp. However, I worry about losing metadata (like Note Links, which are not supported in Evernote 3.x) in the process (especially transitioning between 2.2.x & 3.1)...
I noticed that Pierre (IQ) also only has import capability for EN 2.2 and has been putting off doing the same for 3.x - I would guess that it is more difficult for some reason.

Thanks!

Jim