View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 03:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Same planet, different world

Quote:
Originally posted by ashwken
Let's try a different case for Multiple db Search.

I've got a db for Lead Tracking which contains default Contact records and history of interaction.

I've got another db for Transactions Listing / Sales Tracking which contains custom Contact and other forms.

Although both databases have the common element of being related to my work (and being somewhat Contact centric), are they disimilar enough in purpose to warrant separation?
I'm not sure I was convinced. What is the decisive "thing" in this case that made you split it into two databases as opposed to just being two different directories in the same db?

Quote:
Originally posted by ashwken
[B]You can create a link (copy w/url, paste to rtf) between the corresponding Contact records upon the first instance of a Lead taking part in a Transaction - each record would require a link to the other.
I probably don't understand all details, but from the database design point of view, all these seems to me like a perfect example for just having different tables in the same database. Plus in 3.5 beta, the transaction table (transaction template) could have a contact as attribute (Info Item attribute), nice.