View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:59 PM

Bump

I'd just like to add my personal bump (+1) to this feature request.

I ALWAYS have UR open when I'm browsing the web. If I see anything of interest that I might like to refer to later (or maybe just read later), I click on the UR icon in the browser to import the page into UR.

I start a new database about every three months, because on a new, empty database, the imports are virtually instantaneous. Once the database gets up around 300-500 MB, the imports get really, really slow.

I've got some fantastic reference articles stored up over the last couple of years (mostly programming topics), and I would LOVE to be able to search them all at the same time. Instead, I find myself saying, "Now what month was I reading about that, I know I saved it in one of these databases..."

Another reason to create multiple databases for "bulk data" like this is to facilitate differential backups. Only my "current" database needs regular backups, the "legacy" databases from previous months have long since been burned to DVDs. If I kept everything in one DB, it would currently be over 12GB in size (which I'd have to back up every day - bleech). If I could only search them without opening them one-by-one...