Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
#1. If the message has attachments, their filenames should be shown in the Attachments field in the Detail pane. To view the actual attachments, open the message in its associated application (Ctrl+J or Item | Open Document).

#2. Yes, if the attached document(s) are recognized by UR and are configured to be keyworded. The entire original message, including any attachments, is stored in UR.
I'm using Thunderbird extension to send email to UR via the extension. The msg is imported fine but I don't see evidence of your #1 or #2.

Email appears in document template, detail page has no indication of attachment but it may well be stored & keyworded in UR. I have no way of knowing.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Administrator

If the message has only an HTML part (no text parts), UR will display it in the HTML viewer rather than the MIME viewer, and the attachment info will not be shown in UR.

Opening the document externally (Ctrl+J or Item | Open Document) will show the message in its associated application. Typically, this will be Thunderbird if that is installed, and it will show the message's attachment info (if any).

Use Item | Keywords in UR to view the keywords that were generated by UR from the message and attachment content.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
If the message has only an HTML part (no text parts), UR will display it in the HTML viewer rather than the MIME viewer, and the attachment info will not be shown in UR.

Opening the document externally (Ctrl J or Item | Open Document) will show the message in its associated application. Typically, this will be Thunderbird if that is installed, and it will show the message's attachment info (if any).

Use Item | Keywords in UR to view the keywords that were generated by UR from the message and attachment content.
Keywords exist for eml attachment
I understood <CTRL> J concept & that works
TB has option to view in Text, original HTML or simple HTML
I have / had it set for plain text
I tried both original HTML & plain text, neither displayed attachment in UR.

The original msg was produced by AOL which is notorious for weirdness but I wonder if it would help for me to re-direct the msg to you so you can try it out on your test machine.

Pls let me know as -- in this case -- both email & attachment are not personal / private.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2007, 04:04 PM

bump
Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Administrator

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=3038
Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 AM

I guess this means you don't want me to re-direct the little file to you for testing. Thanks anyway.