Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2007, 10:19 AM

Question newbie trust question

As a new owner of professional, I am really happy to be able to keep email and files in the same place. Have tried numerous other apps and am hoping this is the last.

Have read most of the help stuff and am still not confident in how to approach.

It appears that the best approach is to file everything in UR and ignore winexplorer. I understand the benefits of storing files in UR. My trust concerns are:

1. If I just link UR to my existing files, it seems that I will be losing some functionality that storing would provide. It also seems that I will have to manage both UR structure and winexplorer structure which seems redundant.

2. If I move everything to UR.....then if I don' t blow away all the duplicated explorer files, I will have 2 copies of everything clogging up my C: drive. Yet I don' t want to blow the old copies off if I am not convinced that this is the right approach. Can anyone with more experience advise if this is a reasonable strategy?

3. What is the best approach to organizing my website favorites in UR. I don' t know if the UR browser is stronger than IE so I guess I would still use IE. I have been using an excel sheet with hyperlinks as my favorites organizer. I have not been able to figure out how to import that into UR without losing hyperlinks, or how to create a similar favorites hyperlink organizer on a UR text item.

4. I also run into trouble when somehow a doc file ends up stored and linked.......somehow an automatic synch runs and wipes out any changes I have made to the UR version.

I am impressed with UR and am sure there are appropriate functions to resolve my concerns, yet unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of a long learning curve (that is why I ditched infoselect). UR is hugely more friendly and intuitive. I am an active professor/consultant and unless I can get over the hump of moving to UR reasonable quickly, I will have to retreat just to stay functioning. Please share your experience so I can get on with UR. Thanks......Bob